Overview of Designing , Executing and Running an Application
Gradle script are different script which you want to run. Gradle is kind of tool. Gradle is build engine/tool of android studio which build android file in that application and see how to execute our application.
1) Design Area
Palette have different type:
- Text Fields
- Date & Time
It’s up to you which screen you want to select. If you select another option then it will display another screen according to your selection.For example : Nexus 7
Relative Layout: It gives the space/area where create design.
Text: Change according to you.
Id: Id use by referencing.
- If you select newId(text view).It display all property of the particular object
- Any property you can change and see the result in the screen.
2) Creation Emulator:
Click on play button. When you click on play button so it builds our file.
One popup is display i.e. Device chooser where we select Emulator.
There are two option to run application:
a) Connected Devices: This option for, if you want to execute application in your Device/Phone.
b) Create New Emulator:
- We create Emulator only once whole application run on the Emulator.
- Created AVD (Android Virtual Device)
- Select Category “ Phone” and its parameter (Name ,size, resolution, density).
Select a system image it display API level, android version, system image.
- Android Virtual Device(AVD) created and verify the configuration.
- Click Finish and AVD is ready to run application.
- Click created Emulator , it will take time for execution at first time.
- First time when you start “AVD” it will take time depending on your system resource.
- Display that device where application run.
- Now Booting process of real device, it is also follow same booting process.
Last “Log Window”: (Event Log, Run)
This window displays all the execution, warning, error and message.
- First time” AVD” run don’t close it.
- Do your changing in code and save it and again click on “Run button”.
- It will run currently device and display all new changing.