Install and Configure a EC2 Instance on AWS
1. To configure a machine on AWS firstly you have an account on https://aws.amazon.com/.
2. After Login on AWS Console Goto Services And Click On EC2 From Compute Model, refer below screen-shot.
3.Click on the Launch instance.
4. On next Page there are lots of images of different Operating System and also different options related to that images, so we can go through one by one.
i) My AMI: In this you can customize your own images with desired configuration.
ii) AWS Marketplace: Where you can buy software that you are required for your product here you can find all popular as well as trusted companies software with all categories.
iii) Community AMI: In community AMI you can find all the images related to that community means you can find all flavours of operating system that you want.
iv) Free-tier only: When you click on free tier only it will shows all free images of different operating system.
So we can select Amazon Linux AMI for our instance and also we can select our region Asia Specific (Mumbai). Using Amazon AMI we can have pre-defined packages of different Application.
5. Here we have to configure our machine with following features;
i) family: It shows the purpose of the instance that we want.
ii) Type: There are various types of instance like t2.micro,t2.small,t2.nano.we can select t2.micro
because t2.micro is free others are chargeable.
iii) vcpus: Number of cpus you want for your instance.
iv) Memory: Memory used by that instance.
v) Instance Storage: It defines local storage available for that Instance. Once you select the configuration click on the “Next Configure Instance Details”.
6. In the Configure instance tab you can customize your instance by your requirement like network,subnet etc.
7. After customize your instance you have to add storage in your instance.In this you can add or reduce storage size maximum upto 30GB for free-tier. There are three types of volume types;
i) General Purpose SSD: Deliver upto 3000 IOPS
ii) Provisioned SSD: Deliver upto 20000 IOPS
iii) Magnetic: 100 IOPS.
8. On Add tags tab you can set a Name and value for your Instance like name.
9. After set a Name to Instance you have to configure a Security group. In security Group you have to create a new security group or choose existing.In this you can set Inbound ,Outbound rules for Instance with Port No.
10. Lastly just Click review and launch to Final setup of your Instance.
11. Click on Create new Key pair Prompt and add key pair name to Access your Instance through SSH or Remote Desktop Connection.You can also use choose existing key-pair option. After that click on “Download key pair” option the “launch instance” option will enable.
13. Now your Instance Is Launch Successfully.
14. To connect your Instance Firstly you have to give a permission to that “pem file” then on terminal using SSH with Public DNS you can connect to your Instance, refer below commands.
gaurav@Blackhat:~$ cd Downloads/ gaurav@Blackhat:~/Downloads$ chmod 400 ITT_Key.pem gaurav@Blackhat:~/Downloads$ ssh -i "ITT_Key.pem" firstname.lastname@example.org The authenticity of host 'ec2-52-66-44-125.ap-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com (22.214.171.124)' can't be established. ECDSA key fingerprint is SHA256:wv0/jqEQJXBJ0HbyeBjUScR48MBDW2Ek13G4hM0Iu1c. Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes Warning: Permanently added 'ec2-52-66-44-125.ap-south-1.compute.amazonaws.com,126.96.36.199' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. __| __|_ ) _| ( / Amazon Linux AMI ___|\___|___| https://aws.amazon.com/amazon-linux-ami/2017.09-release-notes/ 1 package(s) needed for security, out of 6 available Run "sudo yum update" to apply all updates. [ec2-user@ip-172-31-6-161 ~]$
Hope this post will help Linux/Unix beginners. Please share you feedback and Comments. Stay tune for more updates with ittroubleshooter.in …!!!